Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bolon - Phile (2004)


Bolon is a project by Boc Scadet (Lawrence Grover), the guy behind the defunct label Clickclickdrone (link to Discogs page). This label is responsible for a few obscure CD-R releases in 2004-2005, among them the album I'm reviewing here, and then disappeared after that. Note that a synth pop band called Click Click Drone formed in 2013, but it is unrelated to this label.

So, Bolon's music is electronic, of the idm/electronica flavor. It is reminiscent of early Autechre, especially the Amber album, but is more ambiant and less complex. Actually the music isn't very original and can get a bit repetitive over time, but I still like this album, it makes good background music. It certainly deserves to be a bit more well-known : I couldn't find much information about this band, and I had to myself upload a track on Youtube because none were available.

Bolon released three CD-R albums. I don't know how much copies of these were made, but I assume not many because of the CD-R format and the difficulty to find them today. The album I choosed to present here is Phile, the second one.

Band : Bolon
Album : Phile
Country : UK
Year : 2004

Discogs

MP3 (CBR 320) : MediaFire

No comments:

Post a Comment